We had such a nice time visiting Grandpa, Grandma & Uncle Michael in Banning... It was so great to see them and watch Claire and Owen bring sunshine to their day...
Grandpa always has the best stories to share. I love to sit and listen to him tell about how life used to be. His perspective is refreshing knowing all that he has been through... His humor is timely. His heart of gold is huge and it can see beyond what his blind eyes allow him. I am blessed to call him my grandfather... although I married into the family, he has always treated me like his own.
And our 100% Italian Grandma... She throws her hands in the air and asks why your not eating more... I adore her and love to watch her eyes well up with tears as she remembers my baby shower when I told everyone that we were naming Claire Victoria after her. She is a strong woman who has seen a lot of hard things in her life, yet is still able to laugh. Especially about the hilarious things that happen to you as you grow old...er!! Claire always giggles when we talk about her... "Mommy, my great grandma tinkeled in her pants!!" Grandpa and Grandma... we LOVE you!!
When Uncle Michael calls, I think I've have been on the phone for only 20 minutes, but I then realize it has been more like an hour!! My sides hurt from laughing so hard and I usually hang up the phone with some visual of the crazy antics that he and Grandpa and Grandma get themselves into... the grocery store, the doctors... wherever they go, there is a story... Oh, the stories... they are endless and hilarious!! Oh, Uncle Michael, you are a welcome break in the day... you always make me laugh... I love you!!
Grandpa always has the best stories to share. I love to sit and listen to him tell about how life used to be. His perspective is refreshing knowing all that he has been through... His humor is timely. His heart of gold is huge and it can see beyond what his blind eyes allow him. I am blessed to call him my grandfather... although I married into the family, he has always treated me like his own.
And our 100% Italian Grandma... She throws her hands in the air and asks why your not eating more... I adore her and love to watch her eyes well up with tears as she remembers my baby shower when I told everyone that we were naming Claire Victoria after her. She is a strong woman who has seen a lot of hard things in her life, yet is still able to laugh. Especially about the hilarious things that happen to you as you grow old...er!! Claire always giggles when we talk about her... "Mommy, my great grandma tinkeled in her pants!!" Grandpa and Grandma... we LOVE you!!
When Uncle Michael calls, I think I've have been on the phone for only 20 minutes, but I then realize it has been more like an hour!! My sides hurt from laughing so hard and I usually hang up the phone with some visual of the crazy antics that he and Grandpa and Grandma get themselves into... the grocery store, the doctors... wherever they go, there is a story... Oh, the stories... they are endless and hilarious!! Oh, Uncle Michael, you are a welcome break in the day... you always make me laugh... I love you!!




No comments:
Post a Comment