Our journey here was very tough for me. I grew up in Orange County, California and love it there. I met Tony just after I graduated from high school. We dated 3 1/2 years while he completed college and then we got married in 1998. (No one ever believes us when we tell them we've been married for 10 years... AND we are in our 30s!!) I worked full-time at an antique store for 11 years where I had my own booth. I sold antiques and fun vintage/shabby chic stuff. After going through 2 years of unexplained infertility, I finally got to quit my job to stay home with Claire...my dream come true! Decorating and hospitality, and of course, being a mommy, are the things that make my heart pound. I love hanging out with other moms, encouraging each other and baking cookies together!! :) I also enjoy the jewelry business my mom and I started about a year ago now - www.jewelzandcompany.com. We have had the joy of working together (long distance) in selling fun and encouraging jewelry to friends, on our website and in 2 local retail shops.
Now to what brought us here. Tony's mom passed away suddenly of a brain tumor in August of 2006. During the process of dealing with all of that, we started thinking about our future and what was really important. We lived 9 hours away from his only sibling, Crystal, and her family and wanted so badly to be closer. My siblings were already talking about moving to Colorado and I had always thought they were crazy. I love the city. Little did I know that I would be the first one to move here!! LONG story short, I learned more in the last 2 years about what it means to follow Christ than I ever have!! God was calling our little family to Colorado. I was in denial the entire time. I came to Colorado kicking and screaming, following my husband who, much like Paul, was not afraid to follow the call of Christ. His willingness to obey God inspires me. His passion for serving God no matter what the cost amazes me. He truly is a wonderful man and I am honored to be his wife.
So, now in my 20/20 hind sight vision, I can see what God was teaching me through this hard time in my life. Leaving my parents, my family, my friends, and Trader Joes!!, with my 2-year-old and 6-week-old baby in tote. God had big plans for me. I was embraced by a wonderful church who overwhelmed us with kindness and love...and amazing friends who have encouraged me and blessed me beyond what I could ever repay. Over the past two years, my brother and sister have moved here, along with Tony's sister and his dad. Also, we are ecstatic that my parents will, God willing, be moving here this summer. I came here trusting my husband's heart and God has rewarded me, even in my weakness. Even in my reluctant obedience. God has stretched me and grown me in ways that would not have happened had I stayed where I was "comfortable". I am so blessed. I am so thankful. God is so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment