Sunday, June 21, 2009

faith of a child...

Just had a cool talk with my dad today about how thankful we are that God continues to love us and accept us even when we fail to obey. Even when we are not faithful, God remains constant and faithful and committed to loving us. I was sharing with him about how good it is to know that my eternal life is not based on my actions... my sinful heart, but on His unconditional love and GRACE. It is all Christ and not me. I was candid with my dad telling him that even in my busy life of raising 2 kiddos, being pregnant, being a wife and a friend and all the things we mommies are... that God is patient with me. Even when I am not reading my Bible like I wish I was in the habit of doing... even when I am not "doing" all the things that I wish I was... He uses life to teach me... He uses simple everyday things to remind me of His love for me. Wow. Just pondering on that today. Thankful that my God loves me in spite of myself.
So, our kiddos sat with us in church today and Owen was rocking out on his "air drums" to a cool worship song... Had no idea God was tucking those words into my sweet boy's heart... He once again used our little guy to speak to his parent's hearts... He came up to Tony out of the blue and said, "Daddy, you counting on God?" The words spoke to us to perfectly in our life situation with all the craziness going on with our never ending move. Living out of boxes and being reminded of how our God wants us to count on Him. Had to smile knowing that God cares about the details of my life, as insignificant as I so often feel... I am so, so thankful.

No comments: